Extron SME 100 H.264 Streaming Media Encoder
The Extron SME 100 is a live streaming media encoder that interfaces with DVI, RGB, HDTV, and standard definition signals for delivering media over IP networks. The SME 100 can be used with the Extron SMD 101 H.264 decoder to provide complete end-to-end streaming systems. It features an integrated three-input switcher with audio, plus buffered loop-throughs for simplified integration into AV systems. The SME 100 employs standards-based H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC and AAC encoding, and outputs an IP stream that can easily be decoded and viewed on desktop or laptop PCs. High performance Extron signal processing scales and optimizes video input signals for the intended viewing application. Encoding controls also provide adjustments for bit rate and quality. By extending AV signals over networks, the SME 100 significantly expands AV system capability.
- Streams DVI, RGB, HDTV, and video signals with audio over IP networks
- Use with the SMD 101 H.264 decoder to provide complete end-to-end streaming systems
- Compatible with many third-party H.264 devices including set-top box decoders
- Supports input signals up to 1920x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60
- DVI, RGB, HDTV, and standard definition video upscaling and downscaling
- Integrated three-input AV switcher